Thursday, August 8, 2013

EDLD 5301, Week 4 - The Revision

We are charged with blogging about any revisions in our ARP in this week's post. Well, Monday morning at 6:00 AM, I dropped my wife, the district Director of Technology, off at central office where she and all other district administrators took off for a C-Scope conference (WOW, so sad I missed that 8^)...), then I drove to the locker room to set out agility 1's for the first day of two-a-day football practice. Needless to say, this week has been busy! Also, my site supervisor is my campus principal and she was in San Antonio, at the C-Scope gathering. I have talked to a number of fellow teachers about my ARP, and none have suggested changes. One of our assistant coaches is on my team, and he felt that things look great, as did three other team members. 

I appreciate all of the comments that I received on my ARP! The one suggestion that I had for change was implemented: "regular education students" was changed to "students not in any extracurricular activities".  I'm excited for my study, and happy that I have such a great cohort to work with.


7 comments:

  1. Daniel,

    It sounds as if you are set for school to start and get your project rolling. Are you concerned at all about managing time and all of the things you have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, same question as Sara, are you concerned at all about managing time and all of your other responsibilities? I am definitely concerned. I love that you used Tagxedo...Dr.Cummings would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, not necessarily. I've been coaching and teaching for a while now, and before that I was a pastor. Busy-ness just kind of has always been the norm. At one former school I was the head varsity football coach, band director, choir director, guitar teacher, fine arts coordinator, and district media coordinator; and that all worked out. I think that the big thing is just forcing yourself to find a regular time to perform certain tasks. As for the Tagxedo, that's funny, but I really have grown to like them quite a bit.

      Delete
    2. Daniel, I think you're right. Busy-ness finds you no matter what responsibilities you have. It's characteristic of the state of mind within the U.S. today. As I've read the literature on action research, I went further than the texts for the class because I was curious, the need for good time management and scheduling time to reflect has been a recurring concept. I plan to block off time daily to reflect. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Daniel,

    Seems like you are all set and ready for take off!!! I too am eager to see how grad school, teaching, and coaching will work out for me. Whenever I think about how I am stressing about time management I always chuckle. I laugh because my mind reverts back to how I get on the students and athletes about learning how to manage their time. I am looking forward to following you as you take the journey of your action research plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel,

    Looking at how detailed your ARP is, you are definitely skilled at organization and time management! You and someone else recommended I collaborate with others for my ARP, and I thought about it. My site supervisor doesn't really care, but one of the other teachers on my team really does. Plus, we have a ESC coordinator I can use as a resource as well as another consultant in the district. I don't feel so alone! :)

    Congrats on the weight loss! I'm glad football season is back since that's when I get the most exercise. I'm one of the crazy football moms who is out on the field at practice with them! It's only peewee football, so when my son gets to play in middle school, I'm thinking they won't let me on the field. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are well on your way to a successful school year and a successful action research project! It is great that you were able to collaborate with other team members while your site supervisor was at the C-Scope conference. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete