Wednesday, September 25, 2013

AR Project Update

My site supervisor (building principal) and campus faculty are extremely supportive of my ARP. In July I emailed a group of teachers (core and elective combined) and invited them to work with me in a team setting to disaggregate data collected during my ARP. My plan is highly detailed, complete with dates for each item, and I am a touch behind where I had originally set certain dates of the action plan due to the fact that not all school extracurricular groups are set as of yet. I have rosters for all athletic, fine arts, FCCLA, and FFA groups. Not all of the UIL teams are set as of yet, and there are a few new clubs starting up that I will need to get in the pool of active students (FCA, Gamer’s Club, etc). My ARP team is ready to go and we will meet next week when I have all of the rosters in my possession. This year every teacher on my campus is assigned to a PLC period, and we meet three days a week, having Wednesday for “Tribal Council” (our mascot is Chieftains/Squaws) which is akin to the old home room, and we are free on Fridays. During PLC we have been focusing on RTI concerns with students that have failed one or more section of SBA testing, and that has consumed much time for the staff. I have had a ton of discussion with teachers on campus and everyone is behind the ARP and they are excited to see the results. I think that we will find that the kids that are active and involved in the extracurriculars get their work done and having a “days missed” policy isn’t really necessary for them. But, that’s a hypothesis that will be tested!

No comments:

Post a Comment