Friday, July 19, 2013

The circle of life...

On September 16, 1994, God brought a little baby girl into our life: 9 lb, 5 oz, 19", blonde hair & blue eyes. From that day forward this little girls has owned her daddy's heart! Today my heart was a bit heavy as I took her to the campus of Eastern New Mexico University, where she registered for her first semester of college classes. Though my heart hurt looking at this young woman before me it was also full of joy seeing how she had grown in knowledge, stature, love, and wisdom. A major in graphic design and a minor in communication. At the registration office they told her she would owe about $250 for the year out-of-pocket...because she'd done so well academically and had earned scholarships.  Thank you Jesus! I graduated from undergrad with close to $15,000 of student loan debt, I'm so glad the next ring grew farther out from the center!


No comments:

Post a Comment